Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are you sure your scale works?!

It is currently 1 AM and I just zipped the last zipper on my suitcase (carry-on). I had to text one of my residents to use their scale because I am afraid that it is going to weigh too much. 28 pounds. It will fit in the overhead compartment. It will. It will...maybe if I keep saying the suitcase will fit, it will come true tomorrow.

Instead of worrying about clothes and shoes and 3 ounce bottles of liquids this evening, I went to dinner with some of my favorite people in the world- old friends as well as new(er) friends. While eating some American food, a bacon cheeseburger of course, we talked about our freshman year of college, how things have changed and where life is taking us. When dinner was over, I had to make one last trip to Wal-Mart. (what international trip isn't complete with a late night Wal-Mart run?!)
With my newly purchased chewing gum and fruit snacks in hand and departure from Morgantown only 10 hours away, I felt the need to actually start packing.

My backpack and suitcase are loaded down with more than I will need, but that's the point: I plan on coming back with less than half of what I'm going with. My camera batteries are charged, my journal is packed (thanks Dianna!) and most of my good-byes have been said. I can't say what I am expecting from this trip because I have a feeling it is going to be more than I can even imagine at the moment. 8:40 AM is going to come early and I am going to try to sleep...try being the key word. I do have over 20 hours of travel tomorrow. Oh well, I can sleep on the plane :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Tristan, the article about you was in today's (Friday) Logan Banner newspaper.

    ReplyDelete